Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fairing Continues, Pressure Tank Purchased

I have finished fairing the transom through frame 2 on the top side. To do this I used a hand planer and then quick sanded everything down after it was level for a smooth finish. I took the 90 degree angle out of the edges on the downward sloping sides on the battens and keel and this made everything fit nicely. There was a major relief when this portion was done because after first having a leveler across the chine to the keel and the frames, there where a lot of gaps. I was thinking I was going to have to do some re-cuts but the hand planer took out the high spots with ease. This again goes to show that a little confidence goes a long way; you have to start somewhere. I tried to take the best picture I could to show the process, so the one below shows frame 1 level from chine to keel.

Frame #1 Faired

I have also been looking for a pressure tank on eBay and Craigslist, with not much luck locally on Craigslist, and was patient enough to get a newly repainted tank with a new hose, connector, and some new fittings. I had seen quite a few in rough shape that were pretty expensive, needed a hose or parts replaced, and had high shipping costs. (I'll post the price of the tank along with all my other costs in a post at the end of the bill). The tank I won will be ready to go and I am very excited for it to arrive as I still haven't been able to run my new-to-me outboard. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have an update on it's performance on my 13' Zodiac.
Pressure Tank
 2-Line Hose and Air/Gas Fitting

No comments:

Post a Comment