Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chines and Sheers

After receiving advice from the Glen-L Forum I decided to go ahead and epoxy a piece of wood to the spot on frame 2 where the chine notch was (on both sides). Once the epoxy cures I'm going to re-cut the notch for the chine but this time make the cut on an angle so it will better fit with the bending chine. I'm not completely sure how I'm going to make this cut yet but I figure I'll just take a little off at a time and judge it that way. I also put the sheers (4 pieces which will be laminated together in pairs of 2) in a 10' or so PVC pipe filled with water. Tomorrow I'll screw them into place and let them dry before I make any final cuts and add the epoxy. I also finally epoxied the transom  knee on with the carriage bolts. Before I just had it dry fitted because the carriage bolts weren't long enough to hold a bolt on the exiting side. Hopefully tomorrow I'll make quite a bit of progress but we'll see what how much time I'll have.

Piece of Wood Added to Chine Notch
 Transom Knee Epoxied With Carriage Bolts
 Sheers In PVC Pipe Filled With Water

No comments:

Post a Comment