Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chines Part I

I had some time tonight so I decided to start getting the chines in place as well as the transom knee bolted to the keel and transom. The transom knee went into the keel pretty smooth, although after putting in the first screw, the knee moved away from the transom, leaving a slight gap. I made a change in the angle of the hole though and everything worked out. Next, I faired out the chine notches and nailed the chines to the transom and frame #1. In the first picture you'll see I cut a small piece off the end of one of the chines and used it to trace out the angle it will will need to fit. Once I got the chines on I used some string and tied them around the stem and will be leaving them there over night so they will go on easier tomorrow. I'm also going to look at a 1950's 25hp Evinrude tomorrow, which I'm hoping will work out because I'd like to get it running as soon as I can.

Fairing Out Chine Notches
 Chines Temporarily Attached

No comments:

Post a Comment