Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Friday, June 10, 2011

2nd Sheer Lamination Fitted

Tonight I was able to attach the 2nd and final sheer lamination. It took longer than I was planning on because I wanted to make sure all the notches where the first sheer went in were faired enough o the 2nd lamination would fit snug. After doing this I went to get the sheers which had been soaking for a good 2 days and was expecting them to go on easier than the first ones. Surprisingly they did not and were actually a little hard to bend. I attribute this to the fact that when I had put the first laminations on it was around 90 degrees outside and I think the water which they were soaking in was pretty warm as well. Tonight it was about 60 degrees and I think the cooler water didn't give the wood as much bend. Anyway, I will complete the lamination tomorrow and start on fairing. It also looks like I'm going to need some more clamps. I ordered the Glen-L fiberglass kit for the bottom and sides and must have the plywood on by Sunday if I want to complete the boat anytime close to my goal of the beginning of July.

2nd Sheer Lamination Fitted, Side View
 Front View

No comments:

Post a Comment