Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chines and 1st Sheer Lamination Attatched

While having the day off I was able to re-cut the chine notch in frame 2 and epoxy and screw it to the frame. I wasn't sure how to re-cut the angled notch in frame 2 so I just ended up sanding it until the chine fit snug. This actually worked pretty well since I was able to make a nice fit. One of the things about the chine is that the placement on the stem isn't mentioned in the plans so you have to just go with where it you think you want it. If you attach it too close to the breast-hook though you could cause the plywood to have a cavitation  when it's attached. I looked through a few different blogs that had good pictures and made my decision based on an average of theirs.

I also epoxied and attached the first sheer lamination. I was a little worried when I was unscrewing the sheers since they had dried and was afraid they would revert back to their straight shape but to my surprise they held the curve. On a side note, I have been having some trouble screwing in the bronze screws (I would pre-drill a small hole first but sometime I still had trouble) so I put some wax on them first and this help a ton; I highly recommend doing this. I have the second sheer laminations soaking overnight in the PVC pipe so they'll be ready for tomorrow. Below are pictures on the frame after today's work.

Chines and 1st Sheer Laminations Epoxied and Screwed
 Front View
 Rear Side View

No comments:

Post a Comment