Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Last Of August 2010


 The transom sits on a 12 degree angle and because of this you have to cut the transom at such an angle. With the help of my dad we set the fence on the table saw and went to cut but we finished with a bad end result. It turns out the fence had moved when we were cutting which left us with about 1/2'' cut-off on one side and almost 2'' cut-off on the other. In the end this turned out to be a good thing because I hadn't realized it before, but after reading a post on the Glen-L Forum I found that the transom had a slight V in it which I had not made. Since school is out and I'm back on the build I made a new transom so I have a total of two at the moment. I have decided that instead of trying to scrap the bad transom, I will instead finish it and make it a piece to hang on the wall. I'm going to use some scrap 1/4'' mahogany plywood to extend the sides an inch or two and then put two exhaust vents on it. I'll put pictures of that when I am done putting the plywood on the squirt and know how much scrap I will have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment