Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jig Finally Complete

Tonight I finally finished building the jig in which the boat will be built on. I had it built last summer but the wood had warped and it became untrue (I ended up re-building the whole thing and replacing a few pieces with new wood). It's important for the jig to be true from all sides so the boat isn't crooked when complete. Being that it needs to be true, I had to think of a way to keep it in place so it wouldn't move if someone nudged it or accidentally ran into it. It also sits near the lawn mower and the garbage-can so the likeliness of it getting bumped is pretty high. To do this I glued a few spots with gorilla glue where the jig was touching the cement; hopefully that will hold. Tomorrow I plan on getting the frames nailed or screwed to the jig so I will have more updates tomorrow or not long after.

No comments:

Post a Comment