Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Frame #2, Breast-hook, Stem Attached

Today was productive as I was able to first attach Frame #2 to the jig and then after add the breast-hook and stem. If I wasn't o excited to get this boat done I probably would have nailed and laminated the stem and breast-hook today, and then waited until tomorrow to nail and laminate that piece to the second frame. What made it hard by doing both processes back-to-back was that my mixture of epoxy was starting to set in my mixing container while I was making sure everything was level on the first piece. Then when I went to do the stem to frame #2, the epoxy was starting to thicken but it turned out not being a problem.

I took a break after I did this to let everything set a little more before I add frame #1 and the transom to the jig. It's starting to look like a boat and it's getting really exciting to get an idea of what the body will look like. Putting the transom and the first frame on the jig won't take long so I'm hoping to have time to add the keel. After the keel is added then the transom knee is next followed by the battens, chine, and sheer. After those are added its a solid few days of faring everything and then to add the plywood.

Frame #2 Attached

Breast-Hook and Stem Attached to Frame #2

No comments:

Post a Comment