Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Battens Attached

The build is starting to get addicting as things are coming together and it's been hard to focus on anything else. This afternoon I was able to attach the battens but before I did so I cut the ends at an angle as I have seen other builders do. I tried to get everything as level as possible to help with the upcoming fairing process so it took a little longer but it will pay off in the end. I was suppose to install the transom knee before adding the battens but I'm still studying up on how I'm going to add the carriage bolts and fair them down. Next will either be the transom knee or chine. I hope to have the planking started this weekend.

Making Sure The Battens Fit Tight
 Battens Installed, Rear View
 Battens Installed, Front View

No comments:

Post a Comment