Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finally Back

First day back working on the Squirt and couldn't be more excited. I took about an hour just going over my work from last summer and trying to get an idea of what all needs to be done. To my surprise, my fairing from summer was better than I had thought and looks like there is only some around the stem and breast-hook area that needs to be done. My main focus today was on the sheer to chine and chine to stem section for fairing as well as trying to figure out where I want to place the plywood on the chine. There seems to be about a full days worth of work left on fairing touch ups before I start to plank. Before I do any of this though I still need to epoxy the new batten I have attached after my last one broke.

Above shows me taking a piece of plywood that will be used for the side/transom and seeing how it fits between the chine and sheer. As a side note, I shortened the longest battens by about 2'' to decrease the chance of having another one break.

No comments:

Post a Comment