Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dry Fitting Plywood

Today I dry fitted the plywood and was pleased with the results. Taking my time fairing paid off as everything went together pretty well. The only trouble I had was making the bend around the transom. I really had to shove it into place to make it bend around the curve of the transom. I went to the Glen-L forum and through past posts found that working your way toward the bend with slow progression is a good way to do it. I gave it a shot and it seemed to work pretty well. I did have to do a little bit more fairing on the transom curve but that didn't take long. I wont be working on the boat for about 4 or 5 days so I put all the plywood wood on with clamps, not screws yet, and left it so the wood can get use to the bend. Next weekend I plan on screwing everything into place and fiberglassing the butt-joints where the plywood meets.The first picture shows the gap I had between the plywood and the sheer. The second shows the plywood clamp fitted.




No comments:

Post a Comment