Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Edit: Fairing (Not) Complete, Plywood Cut

Today I did the final fairing on the boat and was able to get everything ready for plywood. Once I went through all the transition points I realized I could improve in a few spots so I spent some time going back over the sheers and chines; it didn't take too long though. I have plywood pieces for the sides cut out and a few pieces for the bottom but I can start the bottom planking until I reinstall the batten that I had break. Below is a picture of the fairing I had to do and it shows how much wood I had to take off of the sheer. You can see a line through the wood and that is the space from the lamination I had done. This picture is from last week but it's hard to capture all of the fairing process.

Fairing Sheer

No comments:

Post a Comment