Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back To Work

It's been a while since I have had time to work on the boat but I'm excited to get back into it. The past week I was in Boyne City on vacation with my family and then this weekend I attended the Tough Mudder event in Wisconsin. Tough Mudder is a 10+ mile obstacle course with proceeds going to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. They are a group who are helping the service men and women of the United States who have been severely wounded.

Anyways, I was able to start the 1957 Evinrude 18 hp that I will be using for the Squirt. After I replaced the starter prawl I gave it a few pulls and got it start up. It sounded pretty choppy at first but after it quit and I read the instructions under the hood about the starting procedure I turned the dial for the high speed control nob and started it up again. This time it sounded great and ran a lot smoother. My dad and I took it out to the lake on our 13' Zodiac hard-bottom and again it ran great. It even got right up on plane with no problem.
More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment