Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Friday, July 8, 2011

Evinrude Trouble

This past week I have been working double and with my online classes I haven't had time to work on the boat until today. When I arrived home though my pressurized gas tank finally arrived and looked great. Of course before I started any work on the Squirt I needed to start up the Evinrude. After running to the gas station real quick for a few gallons and adding the oil I put the motor on my dingy and primed the gas tank. Before I started it up I took a step back to see how the outboard looked on the dingy since it's about the same size as my Squirt and I wanted to get an idea of how large the motor would be. To say the least it looked great; very classy. Anyways, I get in the dingy and take my first pull but when I have the rope about halfway out I here something break. Crap!!! (I may have censored that ha) I go to pull it again and there is little to no resistance. I decided to take the hood completely off and then took off the starter housing and found a few pieces of broken plastic. When I saw this I realized it was going to be a cheap and easy fix so I put everything back together and found the piece online which had it named the "starter prawl". It was under $10 with shipping so I'll have it next week and will get the motor started then.

Broken Starter Prawl and Friction Spring

Concerning the building process, I'll try and have all the plywood dry fitted soon and will post pictures when I get a chance. Fiberglass will be starting soon as well so I'll be continuing the research process on that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment