Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Friday, August 16, 2013

Music Installation (BIG Jambox)

While I was waiting for some more plywood to come in I started to mess around with the music situation. This spring I purchased a marine battery to go with two marine speakers and a deck I had from a previous boat. My original plan was to put the marine battery in the back of the boat next to the gas tank and mount the two speakers and deck somewhere under the plywood decking towards the tip of the bow. After getting the outboard on I decided there would likely be too much weight in the back of the boat and started to worry about proposing and planing ability.

I decided to look into a wireless speaker. I came across the 'BIG Jambox' and after reading some reviews I purchased it ($249). It's pretty pricey but it's compact, light weight, and has decent sound (great high end but not the best low end). Another thing I liked was its Bluetooth capabilities. All I have to do is turn on the Big Jambox, turn the Bluetooth setting on in my phone, and I'm ready to play music. This will work great for streaming Pandora. Of course, the BIG Jambox also has an AUX cable so I can plug it into an mp3 player.

I made a box for it, with room around the speaker but still a snug fit, and then mounted it to the main decking beam. I plan on putting something small around the front to hold it from falling out.






As a side note, my plywood came in today and I have it mostly cut except for the hatch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment