Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Paint Ordered, Decking Ideas


The temperature dropped from the low 90's to the mid to low 60's so I haven't been able to do any epoxying as anything under 70 degrees is not recommended. Instead, I decided to take the plunge and purchase some primer and paint from JamesTownDistributors.com. I ended up going with  2 quarts of Interlux Primer Pre-Kote and 1 quart of Interlux Brightside Light Blue for the sides and Interlux Brightside White for the bottom. Since I will only be using the Squirt for a few hours at a time I decided to go with Brightside for the bottom instead of a bottom paint. I also received some good info from the Glen-L forum about which paints to use which is another reason I went this route. 

For application, I plan on doing at least 3 coats of primer on the bottom and sides. I really want to get a smooth and semi-professional looking finish so I'm hoping the primer will fill in any imperfections and give a good base for sanding. I then figure 2 coats for the Brightside paints should be good enough. 


If I have time this summer, I'm going to do the top decking, but as of right now that's still up in the air. If I'm not able to or don't want to do it this summer then I'll do it next spring; I still want to be able to launch and have some fun on it before it gets too cold. Below I made two designs of the decking I want to do. I'm not sure about the type of wood yet but I'm leaning towards white maple and African mahogany. I also have the hull color scheme I'm going to use, which has the correct color I purchased from Interlux. Hopefully I'll be able to update later this week with more progress. I'll also be pushing the calendar (right side of page) back until it warms up and I can get things done. 





No comments:

Post a Comment