Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Friday, July 19, 2013

Hatch Sub-Decking and Seating Complete

After a lengthy break from moving, camping, and fishing, I have been able to put some time in again. The hatch sub-decking structure is complete along with the bench which includes the support beams. For the bench I put wood on top of the outer most battens and keel and then put two support beams across those. Once I epoxied those into place I put a coat on the bench board which is 1/4" African mahogany. The bench will not be fastened to support beams as I want to be able to remove the bench to clean and etc.

Next on the list is to finish the dashboard. I'll be really relieved when this part is over because it will be a main focus on the boat, and I don't want to mess it up. I also haven't installed the cable and pulley helm before so I need to get it right the first time. After the dashboard goes in, the pulleys will be next. Then I need to add about 2-3" to the transom to get the outboard cavitation plate in the right position to prevent and porpoising. Once that's complete I'll fair everything down, attach the deck (which will be plywood for now, next year I'll add some veneers and inlay), flip the boat, and get started on painting. Painting should be the last big thing left so I hope the weather holds off this weekend so I can get some work done.

First picture is the bench with a coat of epoxy on it, the second picture is of the hatch, and the third is with the bench in place.




No comments:

Post a Comment