Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Monday, July 2, 2012

Ready For Fiberglass

This weekend I epoxied and screwed the front panels into place. I had a friend help so I wouldn't be crunched for time, and everything went together pretty smooth. In my full album, located on the right side of this page, you can see I had a bit of a gap between plywood from the side to the bottom. I filled this with wood filler and now there's no trace there was ever a gap. I also sanded down any exposed screw heads, filled them with wood filler, took out any high spots in the wood, and filled the low spots with filler. While waiting for the filler to dry I was able to flip the hull for the first time and trim the plywood overhang. I had been worried that the hull may not have been straight, but everything looked great. I flipped it back over afterwards so it will be ready for fiberglass this upcoming week. The last step I did was to round off all the 90 degree angles, as is need to fiberglass.

The first picture shows the boat flipped right side up with the plywood overhang not yet trimmed. The second picture shows the boat ready, and waiting for fiberglass.





No comments:

Post a Comment