Squirt Plans

Squirt Plans

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Side Plywood Section Screwed and Epoxied

It was warm enough to finally put the plywood on but I ended up running into a different problem. As you can see in the first picture, the nails that I had were about 1/4" too big. I found this out about halfway through the day so I posted a question on the Glen-L forum about using a different length. It was also recommend that I could use screws, and since I already had to get new nails I figured I mine as well get screws. I ended up getting #8 3/4" Bronze screws which worked out pretty well. I pre-drilled and counter-sank all the holes and because of this I didn't have any screws break on me when I put the plywood on. The second picture shows the bottom panel installed. Next weekend the other panel goes on and hopefully the bottom planks too. I'll have more pictures up in my "Full Squirt Album" later this week.




1 comment: